To get started at Kokokahi,
New Families: Click Register Today! on our Home Page. All registrations must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. ***Returning Families: Please contact us before registering.
Contact our office to schedule a FREE INTRODUCTORY CLASS.
If the class is a good fit, we will have you pay the $25 annual insurance / registration fee upon the second class along with your Monthly Tuition. If you have two or more children enrolling, the annual fee is $35 per family. Family rate applies strictly to children who are siblings. We will pro-rate your first sessions' tuition if starting in the middle of a month (First month only).
Attire: Girls should wear a leotard, one piece bathing suit, or comfortable clothing (i.e. leggings and fitted t-shirt), NO JEWELRY, and hair should be tied up and away from their shoulders and face. Boys attire, comfortable clothing, please no jeans or pants with zippers or buttons as these can damage the equipment.
Children 12 months- 36 months with their parents/ guardians are welcome in this gymnastics class. The little athletes will learn and develop basic gymnastics skills, essential motor skills, strength, flexibility, agility, balance, listening skills, and social skills from this class.
The gymmini classes are for children ages 3-5 years old. In this class, the little athletes will learn and develop a little bit of a deeper understanding of the basics of gymnastics, listening skills, social skills, strength, flexibility, agility, balance, and the routine of our gymnastics gym.
In the beginning level, our students will learn fundamental gymnastics skills on the women’s apparatuses. They will do all four events, floor, bars, beam, and vault instead of miniature or varied versions of the events. Progressions and drills are a very important part in this level. Some of the basic skills they will learn include, cartwheels, handstands, bridges, pull-overs, cast, balancing skills, running, jumping, and leaping.
In our intermediate classes, the gymnastics skills taught will increase in difficulty. The athletes will learn a deeper understanding of gymnastics skills as well as safety to perform them. Some skills that they will learn in this level are round-offs, bridge kick-overs, back hip circles, more advanced balancing skills on beam, jumping, and leaping.
In our advanced classes, the gymnasts will learn the most difficult skills without having an intention to compete. The gymnastics skills taught in this level will increase in difficulty from intermediate as well as perfecting the skills from previous levels. This is the level where the drills from previous lessons become skills. Some of the skills that the athletes will learn in this level are back and front handsprings, back and front flips, kip drills, leaps, jumps, and more.
This level is for athletes that have an intention of becoming a competitive gymnast. With this level, comes an expectation of increased time in the gym. Higher level skills will be taught as well as increased conditioning and body shaping.
Compulsory/ Xcel Team:
This team is for our competing athlete’s levels 3-5 and Xcel. There is an expectation of more time in the gym with this level. Routines will be taught and perfected in this level and your child is expected to compete in all meets for the compulsory program that the gym is attending. Also, helping with meets and Aloha Gymfest is mandatory.
Optional Girls Team:
Levels 6-10 are in this category. At these levels, there is a large time commitment and a travelling commitment for off-island meets. At these levels, the athletes are learning difficult gymnastics skills, their own routines on all four events, and conditioning to stay fit. Also, helping with meets and Aloha Gymfest is mandatory.
For our Recreational Program, our payment schedule is broken down into monthly sessions. Payment is due on the first of every month.
Tuition varies depending on the type of class and how many days you wish to come per week. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP SETTING UP AUTODRAFT.
Policies and Procedures
* Tuition is due on the first of every month.
* There is no pro-rating of tuition.
* Please stick with your chosen class. This will allow us to better plan our classes.
* If you miss a class, you will have 30 days to schedule a make-up class from the date it was missed.
* You are automatically enrolled in upcoming monthly sessions of gymnastics. To change this, it is up to you to let us know that you would like your child to stop attending. WE REQUIRE 30 DAY WRITTEN NOTICE IF YOU WILL BE ENDING ENROLLMENT AT KOKOKAHI.
* If you wish to change your child's enrollment in any way (add or drop a class, switch days, stop attending, break for soccer, vacation, etc...) please inform the office immediately. (email@example.com / 235-6866 / note in the Red Box)
* Kokokahi recreational gymnastics is an on-going program. We only take a few days off each year. We don't close for Fall or Spring Break, Christmas Break or Hawaiian Holidays. Unless we hear from you, we assume you are continuing with gymnastics classes. YOU WILL BE BILLED UNTIL YOU INFORM US THAT YOUR CHILD IS DROPPING GYMNASTICS. You can let us know about your enrollment wishes via phone (808 235-6866), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , U.S.mail (45-558 Kamehameha Hwy. # C-21 Kaneohe, HI 96744), or a note in the Red Box. Mahalo in advance for keeping us informed!
*You must currently be enrolled in a class to use makeups. Makeups are not a form of payment and are to be used an additional class to makeup for missed classes.
*Please do not let your child eat candy/ chocolate/ sugary snacks right before practice.
* We offer a $5 sibling discount. This discount applies to every child in the immediate family (siblings only).
** We no longer offer boys' classes for ages 5+. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
We have a very limited amount of parking available. When dropping off or picking up your keiki, please do not park in the lane and block other vehicles trying to drive through. Parking in front of other businesses is not advised. Surrounding businesses are privately operated and can/will come and go as they please. Even though the doors are shut, it does not mean that they are closed or gone for the day.
A couple of ways to help alleviate the parking situation...
- If you live close enough, walking or biking to and from Kokokahi is a good form of exercise
- Carpooling with a friend
- If you are one of the lucky ones who is able to snag a parking spot...
- Please pull all the way into the parking stall
- Stay in the parking lines
- The painted area by the lobby is to allow people to walk through, not extra room for parking